Inspired by a conversation on Twitter between me, @mooley, and peripherally @neonwombat, here’s a list of my top ten books. I’ll qualify this by stating that I wrote this list whilst not in front of my bookshelf, or with any attempt at recollection of which books I’ve got stack up in boxes in Adelaide. Arguments about anything on this list are happily welcomed, particularly on the basis of me having declared something to be in my “top 10 books” list previously and then having omitted it here.
- Last Chance To See – Douglas Adams
- Axis Of Time (trilogy) – John Birmingham
- Lord of the Rings (trilogy)- JRR Tolkien
- Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy (“trilogy”) – Douglas Adams
- Join Me – Danny Wallace
- He Died With A Felafel In His Hand – John Birmingham
- Big Bang – Simon Singh
- The God Delusion – Richard Dawkins
- Armed Madhouse: Who’s Afraid of Osama Wolf?, The Best Legal Whorehouse in Texas, No Child’s Behind Left and Other Tales of Class Combat in a Dying Regime – Greg Palast
- The Ode Less Travelled – Stephen Fry
Yes, trilogies count as a single book.